With expanding pharmacy sector, a huge number of drugs are easily accessible and with this, comes the darker side – drug abuse. This serious issue involves no rocket science but a bit of play with the prescribed dosage limits that causes dependency, tolerance and ultimately leads to addiction.
Out of many other drugs, Valium administration is known to cause physiological as well as physical dependence where, the user is unable to resist himself from consuming drug and this eventually traps the user in the abuse cycle, if left unattended for long.
Strategies for fighting Valium addiction
To help addicts come out of this web, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation centers have been established all around the globe that adopts several strategies to help the people to fight against valium addiction.
Inpatient rehabs for Valium addiction
- These require the patient to leave his habitat and reside in a place where he is monitored 24*7 by the medical professionals and skilled staff. This habitat may be some hospital or a residential facility set up right outside a hospital. Inpatient rehab is usually recommended for addicts who have long-standing addictions and coexisting mental health conditions.
- The very first step that initiates promising results is designing the personalized multidisciplinary treatment plan that takes into consideration various factors such as physical health, mental health, and personal relationship of the patient with family and friends, age, gender and the substance abused.
- Depending on this assessment and examination of addict’s mental health, psychiatric consultations, medication management and pain therapy are made into action.
- Additionally, detoxification (detox) program is done to remove the traces of Valium (or abused substance) are removed from the addict’s body through medications followed by treatment of withdrawal symptoms.
- The overall length of the stay in these inpatient rehabs varies as per the recovery rate of the patient and the probability or relapse of addiction.
Outpatient rehabs for Valium addiction
- It is a setting where the patient is allowed to stay back at his home during the treatment that involves counseling and mental health visits. The treatment typically involves lectures and discussions on how has Valium actually worsened their life. This helps in killing physiological dependency where body believes that it won’t be able to function well if Valium is not taken.
- The other part of the outpatient rehab program deals with helping the addict develops strong skills that can help them saying a big NO to Valium. The trainers assign regular exercises, make patients practice meditation and maintain regular sleep-wake cycle and recommend the good nutritious diet. All these help to calm down the body and eventually make the user free from anxiety and when the cause is hit. Why would the addict need the valium drug?
- If you were taking Valium as a sleeping pill, shifting to a less addictive sleeping pill like ambien can help you ease the rehabilitation.
Where to approach for help?
There are many helpline numbers that can be looked up through the web and nearest rehabilitation centers can be contacted for assistance.
Take away note
Be it Valium or any other drug, it should be understood that excess of anything will always do more bad than good. And it’s never too late to approach rehabilitation centers as they have actually improved the quality of life of drug addicts especially those who are addicted to valium.