Xanax is a drug that is usually prescribed by doctors to combat anxiety disorders and panic attacks. There have been several cases where people have used Xanax as substance abuse which means using them in a nontherapeutic way; this could actually culminate in addiction and tolerance. When people stop using Xanax drug very abruptly, it may give rise to strong cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Signs that you are addicted to Xanax
If any person has been using Xanax as a part of substance abuse and has been doing so for a long time, it should be noted that a sudden stop in using this drug will cause even stronger cravings. If you have decided to resort to natural therapy to give up the habit of taking Xanax, then you should identify the symptoms that will tell you that you have strong cravings for Xanax. The symptoms are listed below.
- Not being able to concentrate on activities
- Thinking about the past use
- Constantly thinking about Xanax
- High heart rate
- Too much sweating
Various Xanax addiction treatment programs at rehabs
It is very normal to undergo cravings while seeking treatment at a rehab and a patient should not feel guilty about it in any way. If you have recently stopped using Xanax you will undergo serious craving issues and you must get medical help right away.
- Inpatient Therapy: Therapy will require patients to stay in a rehab center for a long period and undergo intense therapy. The therapy begins with mental counseling and then the core treatment begins.
- Outpatient Therapy: This therapy can be done from home; you can undergo the therapy while you get on with the usual activities in your life.
- Group therapy: This therapy is carried out in small groups where people share their experience and what they are doing to stop the cravings. This therapy is quite helpful and has worked for many people.
- Individual Therapy: This therapy focuses on a single individual at a time, the doctor studies the behavior of the patient including the medical history and then suggests a treatment. The nature of treatment may vary for every person and it also depends on the intensity of the problem.
Every treatment should be carried with the help and guidance of a healthcare professional. The dosage of Xanax may vary from person to person and hence an individual should not fix his/her dosages of Xanax. Doctors usually recommend a lower dosage of the drug during the initial stages of the treatment and might increase the dosage after watching closely of your progression with the treatment. Choosing a reputed online pharmacy to buy generic Xanax drug is always a better idea. While buying drugs online, make sure that you purchase the correct dosage which is being prescribed to you by your doctor.
Is it possible to stop Xanax cravings naturally?
You can stop Xanax craving naturally but you have to follow the techniques dedicatedly to get good results.
Exercising regularly: Experts have suggested that pursuing an exercise routine causes the body to produce endorphins that make an individual feel happy at all times. The best way to combat depression or hypertension is to exercise.
Meditation of any kind: There are various kinds of meditations that can help you build up positive vibes inside you.
Dual diagnosis with the Xanax drug
This is a treatment process that will not only look into the Xanax cravings but also other disorders related to it. This treatment process takes time and one has to be very patient to see good results.
All the treatments are aimed at curbing and curing Xanax cravings and making sure that there is no relapse at all. However, to be successful, the individual has to follow the advice of the doctor very closely and also develop a strong willpower along the way.